The aim of our work is contribution to a higher level of nation-wide reconciliation and tolerance in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the region, as well as contribution to a higher level of citizens' participation in democratic processes and institutions.
The projects which NDC Sarajevo carries out are aimed at groups who often have crucial impact on the situation in the local community regarding the processes of democratisation, respect of human rights, tolerance and reconciliation.
- Local authorities (municipal workers, mayors, clerks)
- Teaching staff
- Political parties
- Returnee population and refugees
General Principles of Operation
- Acting in accordance with the principles and methodologies of Nansen Dialogue Network
- Focusing on activities in local communities, especially in smaller places and rural areas in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Inclusion of partners who already work on simillar projects in their local community
- Acting on all levels of social life: politics, social activism, education, culture
- Non-discrimination on ethnic, religious, political, gender and any other grounds
- Organisation of interethnic dialogue seminars, trainings, courses, confernces, public lectures and forums
- Issuing of brochures, books, and annuals
- Scientific researches
- Cultural projects
All of the above mentioned activities are dedicated to issues of human rights, peacful conflict resolution, building and maintaining of peace and tolerance in Bosnia and Herzegovina, as well as the region.